Over the years, Ionia’s continuity and successes have won the friendship of local businesses, social service groups, native tribes, and old time Alaskans alike. We partner with Kenai Peninsula health organizations and state government on innovative projects and coalitions.
- Ionia is working with Native Alaskan peoples, especially the Kenaitze Indian Tribe, to learn and share about the importance of food.
- Ionia’s board president serves on the governing board of Peninsula Community Health Services, one of the first clinics in the nation to bring primary and behavioral health care together under one roof.
- Ionia residents are founding active members in the Kenai Local Food Connection, whose mission is: ” Supporting local food by fostering healthy eating!” We help to organize educational events around healthy local food on the Central Kenai Peninsula.
- Ionia residents are founding members of the Choices Board of Directors – an Anchorage program which offer non-coercive, alternative treatment for mental illness.
- Ionia organizes the Natural Path – a year round educational peer support circle for people in recovery from behavioral imbalances, and their family members. Ionia has an accumulated wealth of experience to share in this area.
- Ionia is active in Change 4 the Kenai, the local Prevention Coalition.
Ionia has received many grants from private, state, federal and faith-based organizations over the years. The following funders have recently contributed towards Ionia: